Create & Develop Soundtracks: Denise's Playlist
November's Playlist is the design inspired musical memoir of Menswear Head of Design (and long standing friend of Create & Develop!) Denise Reynolds, who has over ten years experience of design direction for some of the UK's best loved brands
Huge thanks to Denise for allowing us to share her musical influences - happy listening!
"Here is a my playlist, its quite an eclectic mix of music. Most songs are memories of jobs, places and wonderful people I have worked with over the years. Songs always evoke memories so here are a few of mine and a few of my all time favourites thrown in. I have always liked to design to music, I feel it helps creativity and generally makes us feel good. Being a keen runner also, music helps me though my training.
Artic Monkeys, Kasabian and the Kooks remind me of the noughties in London as a young assistant designer. Lots of after work happy hour wine, gigs and late night at the design studio. Calvin Harris and Stone Roses makes me think of my Henleys days being back in my home city working with every Friday after work being spent in the legendary Lamar's Bar creating stories for the office on Monday morning.
Black Eyed Peas and Christian Perri song remind me of a lovely designer I sat beside for many years sharing lots of laughs, Greggs sausage rolls and lengthy discussions about who had the best style on Xfactor.
Kenny & Dolly and Stooshe always make me think of the best production Manager I have ever worked with. Sharing lots of laughs, trips to factories and good times producing collections. And finally, my favourite song of all time that will always remind me of the 1pm playlist from my days at Lacamanda and probably the song that best defines me."
You can stream Denise's full playlist HERE
1. Armand Van Heldon - "You Don't Know Me"
2. Solu Music feat. Kimblee - "Fade" 3. Calvin Harris "Ready For The Weekend" 4. Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored" 5. Kasabian - "Empire"
6. Arctic Monkeys - "Sun Goes Down" 7. Tina Charles - "I Love To Love" 8. Black Eyed Peas - "Meet Me Half Way"
9. Stooshe - "Black Heart" 10. Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"
11. Christina Perri - "Jar of Hearts" 12. Kenny & Dolly - "Islands In The Stream"
13. Kooks - "Moves In Her Own Way" 14. George Michael - "Flawless"
15. Empire - "Chasing The Sky"